Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Running Rewards...
These last couple of days my roommate, Anne, and I have been going running in the evening. I found that running on a track is completely different than running on a treadmill or using the elliptical. As we were running I was thinking "I'll be good I go to the gym every morning!" Oh boy! How wrong I was! I woke up this morning hurtin like crazy...in a good way of course. Well, Anne and I went running again and we were rockin!! (sore muscles and all) We told ourselves that if we ran 2 miles in 20 minutes or under we would reward ourselves with an amazingly juicy, greasy, cheesy Burger Supreme Cheeseburger. Yep...that kept us going strong!!! hehehe. I couldn't wait and it smelled sooooo good, but when I actually took a bit it was quite unsatisfying. It's been interesting to see the change in certain behaviors as I have been more diligent in working out!!!! I claim to be a recovered ice cream addict, which is a huge deal for an Elison. But it's true!!! I can walk down the ice cream isle and it doesn't even phase me. I don't hear those voices saying..."Pick me!! I taste soooo good! You know you want me!" It's a miracle. But I do treat myself every once in a while :) Moderation in ALL things...right?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment