Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Rescue...

It's crazy to think that just a few days ago I was having some of the worst days in a long time. Those few days ago seem like forever now. Thanks to good friends and great conversations, those lemons I seem to get every now and then are sweeter than ever! When you realize that there are people out there who really do care about you and want to make things better for you, you can't help but be grateful and happy. We have been talking a lot about "The Rescue" in various church activities. I try to think of myself as a pretty stable person, one that doesn't need to be rescued or helped too much. But through conversations and listening to different experiences I have come to find that I too need to be rescued. We all do actually. I'm just glad that there are people out there who are willing and not afraid to do so. I find myself wanting to be so completely independent in absolutely every way that I have a hard time accepting help when help is offered. But lately I have experienced a little bit of letting other people help and care. I love the feeling you feel when you come to realize that someone is offering their help for a reason...because they care and want the best for you. I feel so blessed when I think about life experiences in that way. Thank you to those who truly care!! You have become a shinning example in my life and have shown me what it means to really care...

No comments:

Post a Comment