Monday, August 31, 2009

Roadtrip to Las Vegas...August 29-30, 2009

This is my first trip to Vegas that I can actually remember. The time spent in the car was most likely some of the most entertaining times during the entire trip...well the parts that I was awake for at least!!! When we got to Vegas we drove the strip for the experience...what a filthy stretch of road. I'm pretty sure I have never seen so many cops in one place, so many hand-cuffed people sitting on curbs, and so many people period!!! I thought I was a small town kinda girl and this confirmed it all!!! :) But there were some pretty cool things to see...the buildings, the lights, the palm trees, and the landscaping was amazing!
After a very long night playin games and watchin movies we got to go cliff jumping. Apparently I'm not very good at paying attention when pictures are being taken...too many things going on around me...
But at last I finally paid attention!! Good picture except I don't know what Chris was trying to do or be or whatever
We had about ten of us go to the cliffs and we all packed in to Whitney's Suburban from the parking lot to the water. When we got to the cliff I didn't want to jump at all. I don't much like jumping into a pool so why in the world would I want to do this?! So I watched a few people go before me and they did it just fine but I was still freakin out.
I was going to jump with Whitney but as she counted to three she jumped and I sat down. I'm pretty sure the only way I jumped was partially because Drew pulled me in. It was quite the thrill. It felt like I was falling forever and by the time I hit the water I was really freakin out. I think Drew thought I was going to die or something when he saw the look on my face by the time I finally surface...I'm sure it was of pure terror!
This is the first cliff we jumped off...
I still hesitated jumping off the shorter one but I finally did that one too...thanks Chris!
This was the second and shorter cliff that we couldn't have done first...still don't know why :) The boys got crazy and did backflips and things off the cliffs and Heath even dove from the tallest cliff we went to. They are fearless that's for sure!
We did have tons of fun out there though, so much fun that we were a bit late leaving for the concert. I think we ended up with about 20 minutes to get ready...but we all still looked good!!
This is Love and Theft...
This is us just taking silly pictures. I think we were supposed to be tough
This is our cowboy loook...not much different really :)
Here's Bombshell...they were quite the performers!
And this is either Tracy Byrd or Tracy Lawrence...
The creept old men at the end of the row were hittin on Heidi and crazy things like that. But we had to get a picture!
We ended up leaving the concert a bit early and decided to go to eat crepes in Paris!!! AMAZING!!! They were so delicious.
This is the world's largest chocolate fountain with a mirror above it so we got some sweet pictures
Us leaving Paris, Drew holding the Eiffel Tower...who knew! I tried to but it didn't work as well :)

It was a pretty sweet trip!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Your trip looks like such a BLAST!!! Glad you had so much fun!

    I don't have your email! My blog just went private. If you'd like an invite, just email me at spotlesscow131@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didnt know you had a blog!! :) I love blogging!! seems like a way fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shayla! Boy howdy! Looks like you live an exciting life (can't say much for mine...it's pretty much all work). I'm excited to have found your blog and it looks like you had a pretty fun summer. Stay in touch...check out our blog at hewsonshappyhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete